DBT Skills Group for Women and Young Adults
DBT Skills Groups run for 24 weeks. The skills are divided into 4 modules:
- Core Mindfulness
- Emotion Regulation
- Distress Tolerance
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
DBT skills group is taught like a class and follows a predictable pattern each week. We limit each group to 8 members to ensure that your particular needs are met, questions answered, and there is opportunity to practice the skills in a small, safe setting before practicing them in everyday life. Here is an example of a typical group structure:
- Group member check-in and a few minutes of a mindfulness practice
- Homework review from the previous week. Practice helps the skills to “stick” and is always an important part of DBT.
- Teaching and practice of NEW skills for the week. We will do this through a combination of lecture, activities, and games. Learning skills is not boring. We will ask you to use current current life situations and relationships as we practice new skills during group.
- End with homework assignment for the week and review what we have learned during the group.
DBT skills group is $60 per session for 24 weeks. Payment plans are available. We do not issue refunds for DBT group as we only accept 8 women per group and are laser-focused on being able to assist you in applying skills to your life circumstances. We will not compromise your care by spreading ourselves too thin to provide you with the care you need and desire. This is our commitment to you.
If you are ready to to radically change the way you relate to yourself, others, and the world around you through Dialectical Behavior Therapy, contact us today. You are worthy and capable of “A Life Worth Living.”