Post Partum Intensive
Being a parent is the hardest thing you may ever have to do. Having a baby is a life changing event, whether it’s your first or your fifth.
Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMAD’s), including postpartum depression, are the most common complication of pregnancy, affecting nearly 1 in 5 women anytime during pregnancy or within the first year after baby arrives.
You are not alone. It can get better. Help is available.
Our Postpartum Intensive program has been thoughtfully designed to address the symptoms significantly impacting your daily functioning or attachment with your baby.
The Postpartum Intensive program is Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am to 11:00am. It runs on a 6 week rotation, you are welcome to join at any point.
Our program was created to meet the needs of women needing more support than one hour weekly individual therapy sessions but also not needing complete inpatient hospitalization or 10 hour per week intensive outpatient programming.
At PPI you will receive the equivalent of 6 months of weekly individual sessions, in 6 weeks, a total of 24 hours, while still being able to go home to your baby.
At PPI you can expect:
- Group therapy drawing from evidenced-based interventions including cognitive behavioral therapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy
- Connection with other women who can relate to the symptoms you’re experiencing
- Programming led by therapists extensively trained in PMAD’s who are also parents themselves
Topics of discussion include:
- Pregnancy and birth experiences
- Effective communication
- Emotional Regulation
- Navigating maternal identity
- Relationships and boundaries
- Bonding with baby
- Coping with intrusive thoughts
- Activities including baby massage, baby yoga and play therapy
You may bring your non-mobile baby. We have a changing table, comfortable rockers and a private room for pumping or feeding if desired. For mobile babies, or babies not regularly attending there will be sessions that include baby yoga, or baby massage where you will be encouraged to bring your little one.
Call to schedule an intake with one of our trained therapists to see if the program is a good fit for your needs.